Search Commercial Pty Ltd ACN 621 720 858
1. Personal information
1.1. The types of personal information we may collect about you include
- your name;
- your contact details, including email address, mailing address, street address and/or telephone number;
- your financial information, such as credit card details (as required);
- your demographic information, such as postcode;
- your preferences and/or opinions;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys;
- details of products and services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
- information about your access and use of our Website, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Website, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Website, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
1.2 When utilising our products or services, we may also collect and store the following information:
- products (such as property reports) you have accessed;
- time and date of accessing our products and services;
- statistics on page views, traffic to and from our product and services;
- other transactional information about your access and use of our product or services.
1.3 It is important to note that the above items listed in 1.2 do not identify you personally. The information contained within those items will be used for security purposes and system administration to enforce compliance with our terms and conditions and to protect our product, services and Website.
1.4 We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or from third parties.
2. Collection and use of personal information
2.1 We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to verify your identity, respond to your requests and contact you when necessary;
- to enable you to access and use our Website, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Website, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have;
- to improve our products and services; and
- monitor who is accessing and utilising our products and services.
3. Disclosure of personal information to third parties
3.1 We may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- sponsors or promoters of any competition we run;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, affiliates, partners and service providers who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia; and
- third parties to collect and process data, such as [Google Analytics or other relevant businesses]. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia.
3.2 By providing us with personal information, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to third parties who reside outside Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that those third parties comply with Australian privacy laws.
3.3 You acknowledge that by providing us with your personal information and agreeing to the disclosure of your personal information to third parties operating outside of Australia, we will no longer be required to take reasonable steps to ensure the overseas third parties’ compliance with the Privacy Act and any applicable privacy laws in relation to your personal information and we will not be liable to you for any breach of the Privacy Act by these overseas third parties on the basis that You consent to such disclosure.
4. Opting out of providing personal information
4.2 We may still use your personal information if you do not object, we believe that disclosure or use is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or a relevant authority, to enforce our terms and conditions and to protect our rights and the rights and safety of members of the public and other users of our product or services.
5. Your rights and controlling your personal information
5.3 Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below.
5.4 Access: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. In certain circumstances, as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), we may refuse to provide you with personal information that we hold about you.
5.5 Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
5.6 Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
5.7 Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
6. Storage and security
6.1 We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have taken all reasonably commercial steps necessary to put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
7. Cookies and web beacons
7.2 We may use web beacons on our Website from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
8. Links to other websites
9. Refunds Policy
9.1 Search Commercial will generally provide you with a refund only where a fault in its systems has resulted in you receiving an incomplete or incorrect product. You can request a return for up to 5 days from the date you purchased it. If you provide incorrect details or simply order a product that you did not require, no refund will be available.
10. Delivery policy
10.1 Upon receipt of your order, you will either be prompted to begin your download immediately or you will receive an e-mail from us with instructions to complete your download. If you are prompted to begin your download immediately, your completion of the download will constitute delivery to you of the item(s) you purchased. If you receive an e-mail from us with instructions to complete your download, the receipt by you of the e-mail will constitute delivery by us to you of the item(s) you purchased.
10.2 In case you are unable to download the item(s) you purchase or you do not receive an e-mail from us with instructions to complete your download, you must contact us within 5 days from the date of your order
10.3 If you do not contact us within 5 days from the date of your order, the item(s) you purchased will be considered received, downloaded and delivered to you.
12. Contact us
For any questions or notices, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Search Commercial Pty Ltd ACN 621 720 858
Email: [email protected]
Last update: 11 June 2020